Personally, I don't think TUI will be flying to Skiathos this year. A cynical friend suggested yesterday that they will, however take bookings (both deposits and full prices), but will subsequently cancel and offer the option to book on different holiday or flight, neither of which will be available for Skiathos.
I also heard yesterday that Rhodes is closed (hotels, tavernas, even shops!) despite being one of the islands currently supposedly on the list of destination from UK.
Good luck to you both, I hope you get to Skiathos in August/September and I shall read every word of feedback for this year.
vwt2gel, you’re very like us - I don’t think we’ve ever had a holiday booked more than 3-4 weeks in advance! Sometimes we have ended up with little choice, other times it has worked in our favour and we’ve got a good deal. With the uncertainty of 2020, we’re going to leave it until August and see how the world is looking then before deciding (and indeed it may be decided for us by that stage!). If both the UK and Skiathos are both in a position to release and receive respectively, we’ll book something, anything! And after the 2020 everyone has had so far, anything in Skiathos will suit just perfect. No country will accept major risks to the health of their citizens, so I will feel more comfortable booking at that stage if allowed. Plus, I promise to do holiday feedback 😄