Opinions/advice please? Jun 26, 2020 10:44:40 GMT
Post by *Di* on Jun 26, 2020 10:44:40 GMT
Okay.... now we should have been there right now and we didn't re-book as a lot of you are aware we also go to Australia to visit our daughter and hubby... we have luckily managed (though missed last year 2019) to go to Skiathos AND Aus as both of us still working (hubby about to retire, Im part time but may have to give up as arthritis etc affecting me big time) but knew/know one of the destinations has to be given up and it cannot be visiting our daughter, we were there just before Christmas last luckily and we usually get over every 2 years... anyway earlier this year I almost wished we hadn't booked Skiathos this year as one or two personal problems were causing me much anxiety and I just didn't feel like going, odd I know.... but then the pandemic hit and we all know the rest don't we?...sooooo it has hit me very hard knowing we cannot go and whats even harder, Im unsure where we can travel to even next year. It would normally be Australia, but other family members (esp son in laws) need their time to go over, or them to pop over back here to see a new and only nephew on his side, who they ALL should have been meeting up in a lovely resort on Greek mainland paid for by daughters inlaws, so they were flying back to Greece for that but Australia cancelled international travel...normally we book Aus flights as soon as they come out for the end of the year, November time, book about February but as the situation stands I feel that a vaccine will have to be in place for all before they allow internationals into Aus and we personally feel we should wait anyway till there is one. Insurance for Aus is expensive enough as hubby has to declare his heart attack so that bumps the premiums up, imagine how much Covid insurance is going to cost even if available?... anyway, as much as Ive stated we cannot go to Skiathos AND Aus anymore, Im wondering now what is possible. If I manage to SAVE really hard, see how the situation pans out with Covid, realise sadly that Aus isn't on next year for us, do any of you think I could get a booking for Skiathos waiting while say next Spring to book? My main choice will always be Troulos, Ive seen some high prices when Ive looked earlier this week and it's very expensive for end of June, I would only go end of June/early July too.....I do like to book in advance and look forward and countdown, but that isn't an option right now and if the Covid kicks in again, it might affect any decisions anyway But realistically would any of you think you/I could get a booking leaving it as late as 3/4 months beforehand?... probably limited choice huh and everyone wanting to go who missed out this year. I suppose in the end it's going to be a case of wait and see?