Fabulous news, great you’ve both received your initial jab. I can only assume you’re feeling a great sense of relief. Let’s just hope the roll out picks up pace, hopefully by Easter the majority of us that fall into the ‘ vulnerable ‘ categories will have been vaccinated. Possibly at this point things may start to ease up, however if need be and there are any uncertainties,I would personally rather wait a while longer rather than risk further backward steps.
Fingers crossed mum will be getting her jab tomorrow. She was due it last weekend but another illness flared up and she wasn't fit to go, slightly on the mend now though so she's going to in, my brother is driving her to the centre.
In today’s paper, Greece anticipates having 70% of the population vaccinated by mid June. Have been talking to a friend in Skiathos, he says they are as much in the dark as ourselves as to when and indeed if they can welcome tourists again. Let’s hope things progress in a positive manner, but that said, let’s hope peoples health is the priority in any decision made.
Post by yorkshiremouth on Jan 31, 2021 17:09:17 GMT
The U.K. government still look on course to meet its 15 million target by 15th February (all over 70s and all high risk & health care workers). They’ll be there or thereabouts.
Next step is everyone 50-69 and anyone with a long term health care issue which makes them at some risk ‘by the spring’ (I presume by the end of May?).
That would account for 99% of those at risk of dying. I’m not sure exactly on hospitalisation for over 50s, but I know 90% are over 65.
With that reduction in danger both to life, but also serious health risk and strain on the NHS, I’m not sure what the rationale would be for keeping a ‘lockdown’. Certainly, masks, social distancing, and work from home if possible, but more than that?
I just hope the wrangling over vaccines between countries doesn’t continue.
Well, both our 2021 holidays are still safe, either to travel or to get a refund/exchange dates, because we paid for them a million years ago and changed them from 2020 to 2021, all covered by TUI undertaking to exchange or refund if they cancel. And we've both had our first vaccination, so we should complete the second by about mid April, so our full immunity (three weeks after second dose) should be in force before we are due to travel in June.
Thinks - must get round to renewing our passports which both run out inside the next fortnight. Thinks 2 - must keep fingers crossed for this virus to be under control by then.
If GB says we can travel and Greece says we can travel, we will travel.
We isolate ourselves, so that when we get back together, no one is missing