There is a new post on the main TUi website with options available for people travelling up until 30th June. It seems to be offering the chance to amend your booking to any holiday that is currently on sale with them.
Apologies if you are all aware of this,but I have only just seen it for the first time today. We travel 9th of June but have so far this week been unable to contact tui,although of course I appreciate that people travelling imminently have priority.
No problem - you’ve helped somebody by making sure to post it.
We are 26th June and to be honest, we are only interested in going to our choice. So another destination just doesn’t appeal. I have a sneaky hope that it’ll all be over by then, Vera knows I’m living in cloud cuckoo land! But we both agree it’s Villa Maria or nothing. So we’re leaving our booking as is until they say we’re not going and will look at the options. We won’t even want a refund unless TUI goes bust. We’ll just accept the next available holiday at Villa Maria. We’ve already paid up AND have got all our Euros, so discussing it literally minutes ago, we consider our next holiday is free when it happens.
Effectively we’ve written off the cash for June/July and it pales into insignificance alongside the possibility of Villa Maria owner losing their business.
Talk of the devil. I’ve just received an email from TUI saying for anti virus purposes they are closing shops and saying if you booked through a shop, a link to find the phone number of your shop (I’m presuming staff will be inside behind locked doors). If booked on internet go to Manage my Booking.
If you don’t get the email I can forward mine to you.
We shall continue to do nothing and wait for them to tell us they’re not taking us.
Our balance was due early April, but we’ve paid it, even knowing there was doubt. Previous actions by TUI have been to offer refunds or transfers, changes etc. We took the decision to pay despite the uncertainty, hoping to get a good result. We see the money as already spent, rather than a potential loss. I’d do the same again.
We would take the offer of change (ONLY to another future date, Villa Maria). They were offering that free of charge (I.e. no change fee) and I think it was also £50 for your trouble. Not really bothered about the £50, just fully committed to Villa Maria whenever.
Yes I appreciate cancelling means certain loss of our deposit. We are clearly in uncharted waters currently with the Coronavirus situation and I think there are various factors to consider,both personal and financial. If we could be sure of a change of holiday to Villa Maria next year,then we would happily do that,but there is no guarantee of that currently.
Tui have today released many more holidays for sale for next summer. villa Maria is now available although when I have tried to amend our booking until next year,the site says it is experiencing technical difficulties!😳 But hopefully this is encouraging that we can transfer to the accommodation of choice for next year.
I hope everyone is well and staying safe in these unprecedented times.
So we decided to change to next year and I went on the website to look. At first checking just availability, the same holiday dates next year were available, total price £50 cheaper for ours. So I then used the method of online amendment. It was slow work and in and out, but eventually I got it ready to click, even though the £50 saving had disappeared and it was pricing at exactly what we've already paid. So I clicked and it said it's so popular they're all gone. So GRRRR. So I went back to look for availability again and they're still available at the £50 less cost (the usual "Only 3 rooms left" rubbish). So I tried again to amend and it fell over.
I bet it would be a bad decision to go in and create a brand new booking!
So by that time, the phone lines were open (9am). I've now been listening to the music since 9:05am on the 020 phone number and 9:20am on the 0800 number (two phones on my desk driving me up the wall music!). In case anybody wonders, being on lockdown I have nothing better to do (well, the garden will still be there tomorrow and for the next few weeks) so I'm playing solitaire on the computer waiting for them to pick up my call. Pray for me - it's very difficult with the rubbish music, only one line, then repeated, UUURRRGGG!
Hurray! After one hour and 40 minutes, the 020 number answered and in (nearly) next to no time, transferred our 26th June holiday to 25th June next year, no problems, no hassle. And nearly £33 refund - I don't care about that, it's a bit of a relief to have got it done, we reluctantly concluded this June wouldn't happen.
Now we have to get a petition up to beg Woody to create us a page for 2021 bookings - I can't remember whether I did it last year and I certainly can't remember how i did it if indeed I did did it. Mind you, I've got so much time on my self isolated hands maybe I can learn it all over again!